Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Well Dang...


Here I was sitting at my desk minding my own business when a colleague walks in to talk to me about something work related.  After we’re done, he smiles at me, points to my head (he’s standing and I’m comfortable in my chair) and goes, “aww, how cute, you’re going for the Indira Gandhi look!”  In case you have no idea who Indira Gandi is, just click her name and you'll see.  And here's a lovely picture of her to boot:
 

K

I get it; I’m not looking all that fly lately, if ever I did.  I peek into the mirror and avoid my own gaze for the most part, which is pretty sad.  I’ve even seen some people’s eyes flicker around certain features and glance away hurriedly.  That can never be good sign, can it?  But dang, to come straight out and say, “hey you’re starting to sort of resemble an 67 year old assassinated ex-Prime Minister” is pretty harsh, particularly for a woman.

Thankfully I have a great sense of humor which meant I laughed it off, told him his dome resembled that of Buddha’s belly and then wound the scarf that had been hereto settled about my neck, around my hair. 

Okay so I need to do some serious maintenance, like serious.  I haven’t been to a hair dresser in I don’t know how long (best guestimate was before Thanksgiving) while my toes and hands are screaming for a manicure.   Believe me; these claws are not attractive by any stretch of the imagination and I give vultures a run for their money at this point.  Let's not talk about the eyebrows...you can safely assume that once those are taken care of, missing children may suddenly be found.

I distinctly remember posting something a while back about how I would take care of myself, how I would make last year about ‘me’, yada yada, blah blah, more empty promises.  None of it came to fruition.  And this here is the reason why I avoid making New Year resolutions.  They are totally useless and clearly I have no sense of keeping them, even to indulge myself. 

Maybe I can make an emergency appointment?  Or if I wait long enough, a government agency will swoop in and declare me a hazard and I won’t have to do anything anyway? 

Yea, I’ve lost it.  Off to a meeting.

“Have a bias toward action - let's see something happen now. You can break that big plan into small steps and take the first step right away.” - Indira Gandhi  (I so need to take this advice)



No comments:

Post a Comment