Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Day 28 Happenings

Last night I talked on the phone with a GF till 2am. 

Today, I'm paying for that extremely guilty pleasure.  I do not have a problem with this at all, totally worth it.

I'm not a big phone person, or at least calling and yacking.  I'm more of a modern day woman in that sense, texting is simpler.  That being said, when I do get onto the phone, I realize why I liked/like it, particularly with someone who is worth speaking to and who has something to say.

This friend though...she is truly fascinating to me.  Beautiful in the most unconventional way imaginable, she is sexy as hell, confident and intelligent including well-spoken and thoughtful.  She's had more than her fair share of heartbreaks and challenges in life but while speaking to her, I realized that even though at times she may have let them beat her down temporarily, that didn't mean she was ever down and out for the count.  I can honestly say that she's a fighter, all the way, nonstop and her passion is stunning.  She's strong and I envy that strength.  I can also sympathize with how tiring that all is because I have very similar traits.

By the time I got off the phone with her, I was still a bit wired, ended up reading some nonsense online for a bit and eventually drifted quickly away.  This morning my head felt bleary and I contemplated calling in with the bubonic plague.  I had a funny feeling that this excuse wouldn't fly...huh, go figure.

Still the sun is shining although the wind is blowing frigid.  Things are stirring, the office is hopping, clients are dropping projects on me like bird poop and I'm feeling good about myself (erm...not because I'm being pooped on, so not into that) but because I am the queen of multi-tasking.  I got this!

Here's an interesting encounter that happened earlier today: 

I went outside to get a drink and a woman was walking with me or rather I bumped into her.  She's in the neighboring building and we've spoken to each other before.  She's brass and talkative, has a thick New Yorker accent and smokes like a chimney.  She also has a habit of butting into just about any conversation she can even when she has no business doing so, just as long as she's in earshot.  She's also a little bit of a lurker.  Yea, kinda creepy.  I've been warned about her by other colleagues but I find her chatter amusing although at times annoying.  I try to remind myself that she's obviously looking for friends or wanting to make connections, nothing wrong with that and therefore I often indulge.

Today may have changed things a bit.

As we walked, I muttered into my scarf, "God it's cold out here," shivering into my coat. 

She looks at me, drops the cig she had been sucking on, snubbing it out with the pointy front end of her black shiny pumps and says in the most snarkiest tone I've heard in a while, "well thanks for stating the obvious." 

Erm...*crickets*

*Looks around trying to identify who she just thought she was speaking to in this particularly offensive tone of voice because it damn well was NOT me...*

*Realizes it's me...*

*OH HELL TO THE NAW*

I had to count to 10 quickly to calm myself down and responded with such sweetness lacing my voice that I'm surprised she didn't go into sugar shock, "well sweetie, for someone who is wearing a short dress with the wind blowing up her skirt, sheer hose and only a shawl while her teeth are chattering, I'm not sure if the obvious doesn't need to be stated."

*Drops the microphone and exits stage right*



No comments:

Post a Comment