Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Pre-Germany Blog

In a few short hours (okay more like 10) I leave for vacation.

Where doth I goeth?  Germany!!!!!

Yes, after 3 years of promises and planning, this trip has finally come to pass.  I'm headed to see my girl S.  6 days of doing nothing but hanging out with her, exploring, laughing, talking, just...breathing.  I think during this last year I've forgotten how to do something as simple as laugh.  I need to relearn this and I know she will be the one who will help me embrace that again.

And no wonder I haven't been smiling lately, what with the craptastic nonsense going on at work.  Here's the DL (down low) on my recent life:

I've been assigned a new Director which makes the count 3.  This, however, is the person who when you mention their name, others cringe and mutter a 'I'm sorry'.  Yea, awesome, right?  And transitioning her projects to me has been a struggle with patience because it's not about knowledge sharing anymore, it's about a general dump of shiz onto my plate. 

Every single day before I walk into the company I have to take a huge breath and pray that today I don't prove that orange is in fact the new black.  And my normal calm exterior has been producing a few cracks to the point where one of my colleagues came in to my office to ask me a question and I simply held my hand up, closed my eyes, shook my head and he just nodded and retreated.  I did go back to hunt him down and apologize but he understood.  Everyone here understands why I've turned into Cruella de Vil all of the sudden.  Only difference is I abhor fur and love puppies so moving right along...Anyhow, I need to find my equilibrium.  I've worked with plenty of difficult personalities in the past, I can do this.  I CAN DO THIS!

This trip honestly couldn't have come at a better time.  The last vacation I took had been to Seattle but that wasn't precisely stress-less since  P had come along and we were headed to a friends wedding which was in some remote island off the coast.  We tried to jam pack everything conceivable into the span of 7 days which included 4 different hotels.  Jeez.

And the driving, oi...the driving.  I don't even want to think of how much of it I did and since two years prior I had been there alone for my buddy Fo's wedding, I pretty much knew the lay of the land.  And because P doesn't enjoy the whole "driving in unknown places" thing, it was pretty much me and a led foot with him yelling for me to 'slow the hell down'.  As if I listened!

Along with work and dealing with other personal issues, I've been quite unrested.  Late nights of work, early mornings of waking up in a panic thinking about work...okay so it's a lot of 'work' based stuff.  However, today I woke up with a total bounce to my step.  My colleagues seem to be on the verge of punching me in the throat because my grin is just that obvious but hey, sue me, I'm almost there! 

I'm hoping to post a few blogs regarding my adventures in Deutschland if I'm not too busy.  I believe S, who is a follower of my writing, won't have much of a problem if I take an hour (okay maybe a half) to bang out a post here and there. 

Otherwise, I'm sooooooooo gone!  Here comes in the brown girl to the land of all pale faces!

*switches brain off*

No comments:

Post a Comment