Wednesday, November 19, 2014

To Explain or Not to Explain...

Blogs aren't easy to write.  In case you were wondering.  In fact, writing of any sort is just not as simple as it sounds.  Period.
 
I needed to start this entry with that line as explanation, and it smacks of contrition.  Well, I am.
 
July was my last post.  This surprises me, to be honest.  It's now November, nearly Thanksgiving.  When did the year zoom by so seamlessly?  Things have happened, though.  A lot of things have happened in fact.  Life has altered and changed, become busy and on occasion slowed down.  Since the slowness has been few and far in-between moments, I've restricted myself to doing nothing more than closely resembling a vegetable on the sofa.  Pulling out the laptop once home hasn't been a very compelling idea nor on the top of my 'to-do' list.  That doesn't mean my spirit didn't/hasn't berate(d) me for my spectacular laziness.
 
I also can claim that I've become a horrible victim of writer's block.  Folks who have been following my blog for a hot second are probably nodding their head glumly.  You know only too well how once I've hit that wall, it's over for a few days/weeks/months.  BTW, some people may think that there is no such thing as 'writer's block' but I can assure you, being a pseudo-writer, it's very real and the bane of my existence. 
 
But it's not just that words are escaping me, it's the full landscape of my world.  Fact: when life takes over, it takes over in the most breathtaking way.  There's nothing to really put your finger on, to be able to boil it down and point the finger at one big honking good valid reason.  I can make a sweeping statement by saying, "I'm busy with work" or "family" or "love" but all the time?  Even I wouldn't believe myself had I not been living my own life.  For as much as the above sounds like excuses, they are the truth.  
 
Truly though, my blog hasn't been too far from my mind at any given time.  I walk around and something will happen or I'll see something interesting and think to myself, "I really should write about this."  However, the words never actually materialize on paper.  And I'm constantly worried that with every day that slips by, the few readers who followed me, will slip further and further away until I'm the only one reading my writing.
 
PLEASE DON'T GO!  *cries out hysterically*
 
Erm...okay sorry, that was a bit unnecessary.
 
Okay, enough explanations! 
 
I actually do have a post I've been working on.  I plan to try to get that up today, after editing.  Let's see how that goes since editing is the biggest problem for me, it never goes as smoothly as I hope.  I'm way too much a freak about my thoughts being fulsome for me to be casual about it.  Oh, the silly issues of my existence. 
 
Anyhow, onwards and upwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment