Friday, January 10, 2014

Happy New Year


Well hello there!  Yes it’s me, your friendly blogger who hasn’t been much of a blogger lately.  Let’s not revisit all the reasons, let’s just move past it all. 

I entered 2014 with no resolutions in mind, absolutely zero.  Everyone else apparently thought I should though which was why I probably had so many throwing inquiries to me regarding it…what is it…yada yada.  Or maybe they were trying to fill in the silence at awkward forced social events, who knows and frankly who cares.  That seems to be the question most acceptable right after ringing in the New Year, right?   After years of miserably tanking each and every one that I’ve made in the past anyhow, I figured why set myself up for further failure?  Brazenly I’ve informed all those who are nosy enough to ask that I am a highly unmotivated lazy person who has no time (or energy) to figure out a resolution and that if I did kick-start my brain enough to try to come up with one, the brain itself would probably protest and shut down (like an engine that hasn’t been warmed up enough before throwing it into gear…just grinds to a stop). 

The good thing about having no resolution is that the pressure is off.  The bad thing is the guilt.  I feel as if I should.  While the rest of my family and friends gush over their intentions for the coming year I sit by with eyes averted wondering why I can’t even be slightly motivated to do the same. 

Still I guess there are some things I hope will happen in the following year.  Things that I’m sure everyone wishes for as well.  These things do not make me unique, at least they shouldn’t, just human.  I would like to see:  more peace in life, less stress and sadness, more reasons to celebrate and less to mourn.  I guess the way I think of it is that what will happen, will happen.  Fates are sometimes just decided for us.  The small things I can probably alter by doing something different however the big things?  No, I just think those things are going to come at me as intended, no matter how I run from them. 

 End story here folks, no resolution.  I’m not down with the pressure of it all.  I’ve never been one to work well under it anyhow so it’s best this way.  I suppose though, I could get better at updating my blog more often?  Hmm…let’s see how well that goes.

Happy New Year : )

No comments:

Post a Comment