Friday, October 19, 2012

FB Blog Past - 4

For those newly following my writing, this was something I posted a while back on FB.  Just to start I'm adding this, and a few others, here also.  For those who are on FB with me, you don't have to read this, most likely you've see it already and therefore you will fall asleep once you've read the first sentence. 

Note:  This blog does not really reflect the new turn that my blogs will be taking, a more desi prospective of living in the USA.  Then again, not all my future blogs will do that consistantly.  Anyhow, enjoy : )

October 9, 2012

What was that song?  “Baby its cold outside” That’s it!  And let me say, yea.

How is it that last night I’m so exhausted that I plop onto the bed (no, not INTO it, onto it) and lay there curled in a ball refusing to admit that I need a warm blanket?  By the time P comes banging into the room and sees me like that, I’m frozen stiff and my nose could cool down your drink in a second if it were to be dipped into it (right that’s a rather disgusting visual). 

He looks at me and asks me in a matter-of-fact voice why it is that I’m not getting under the covers I’m presently laying on and I tell him that it’s because it’s only 7:00 pm and I refuse to be in bed this early.  He just rolled his eyes at me and went off to do whatever it was that he did after coming home from work.  I lay like that until I started to shiver and my teeth began to chatter.  As much as my jaw enjoyed this, I finally gave up and crawled under the covers and pulled it clear up to my eyes, peering pathetically out at P who kept his eyes a-rollin’.  Any other time I would have yelled at him to keep his peepers (and thoughts) to himself but my lips were sorta frozen so I decided to focus on E News.

This morning, the goose down comforter (oh how I j’adore, love, am passionate about my goose down)  refused to let me go (no really, I swear I didn’t want to stay) but somehow I batted it away and wrenched myself out to go shivering into my closet.  I was turning around in circles wondering what I should wear.  It’s that time of year where the weather lingers between warmish and coldish (Mother Nature is clearly unable to make up her mind) so one is ever sure what would be appropriate attire.  In the mornings it’s chilly, by afternoon the sun is out and by evening it’s windy and gloomy.  I know I said I loved fall but this isn’t the fall I love, let me clarify that.  Fall to me a hue of delicious warm rainbow-y colors, sunlight streaming through tree limbs being striped of its leaves and wafting scents of baked goodies.  This, on the other hand, is bleh, pure and simple bleh.

But bleh will not get me down.  I (almost always) try to look at the bright side of things which this time is the half of my closet that has been ignored throughout the better part of spring and summer.  Sweaters, turtlenecks, wool pants, boots and loads of scarves and shawls to choose from (and really I wonder at men and their wardrobe, I mean no offense but it’s just not as much fun for men to get dressed as it is for women…nor half as painful) and a fantastic array of hats!

So trying to feel upbeat and repressing another shiver, I begin the every day chore of preparing myself to hit the mean streets of DC by first pulling on this, then that, then oh yeah that too and I’m off with boots in place and bag in hand.  And I sing all the way to work “…but baby its cold outside!”

No comments:

Post a Comment