Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'un

Today was a bad day. 

Woke up to news that P's grandmother passed away.  There isn't much to say in the face of death.  Not really. 

I didn't know her well, didn't have the opportunity to spend much time with her but the bit that I did was fulsome and I am glad for this.  I believe she liked me and thought I was surprisingly Bangladeshi and very un-American for an American : )

If you're wondering: P is handling it, his family is also doing the same.  But honestly, can anyone ever cope with loss easily?  I don't think so.  And this is the initial stages which means the true pain will hit more forcibly later once the last dua is said and people return home after lending their shoulders to cry on.  It's in the middle of the night when that persons face flashes across your minds eye that it truly just...aches. 

Pray that her soul rests in peace and she is granted entrance into heaven (which I believe, Inshallah, she has *Ameen*).  Truly, she was a good simple person.



No comments:

Post a Comment